Workshops: Tuesday, 31 July - Wednesday, 1 August 2018
Workshops B: Wednesday, 1 August 2018
7:00 am - 9:00 am Who is accountable? Understanding the changes to the insurance landscapeDennis Woon - Strategic Initiatives Manager, QBE
Grant Pearce - Head of Product – Personal Lines, QBE
In progressing towards a driverless future we’ll see significant advancement in automotive technology, change to vehicle ownership patterns, evolving usage models and the emergence of new risks. All bring change to the way we administer insurance. This session unpacks the question of insurance liability for autonomous vehicles. We’ll discuss the changing accountabilities this new technology brings to our communities, exploring questions such as:
- How do insurers provide peace of mind through change?
- What models could support that reassurance?
- Do we need to rethink at-fault?
- Does it need to be that complicated?
- Why is accountability critical?
- Where do we draw the line?
- Who is responsible for injury?
- Is data transparency key?
Dennis WoonStrategic Initiatives Manager
Grant PearceHead of Product – Personal Lines